Liberal Democrat politicians supposedly hate defense spending. War is wasteful. War kills people. War is immoral. Do Liberal Democrat politicians actually hate defense spending? Well, we do know that Liberal Democrat politicians like buy votes. That’s why we hear arguments like this.
- I don’t believe in war. If “you” can tax me to kill people, “I” can tax you to help the needy and elderly.
- We waste more money on foolish wars than we spend on education.
- Global Warming is a bigger threat to humanity than Communist China or Putin’s Russia.
- Healthcare is a human right.
It is interesting to check out usgovernmentspending.com from time to time. What was government (federal+state+local) spending like in FY 2021? Here are just a few numbers.
- Health care $1.98 trillion
- Welfare $1.67 trillion
- Pensions inc. SoSec $1.55 trillion
- Education $1.42 trillion
- Defense $1.04 trillion
- Interest $0.47…
View original post 1,066 more words